Sal's

Running, Biking, Swimming, Triathlons, Snowshoeing: what's next? Sal's kicks butt.

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Trail Running Reality Check

The photograph below was sent to me from my daughter Andrea. She was a witness to my falling twice in the woods of Alabama during a trail run. The second fall took out my shoulder.


The sad thing about the photograph is the truth in it. When trail running it's always important to look where your feet are going, not the pretty scenery in the woods. If you must sight-see then I recommend stopping and looking for a few seconds, then begin running again. Of course some people can fall on the flat, non-obstructed, Erie Canal path, just ask Mike Weinpress. He is an expert.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Falling a lot has allowed me to master the drop and roll. It reduces injury and impresses my friends.

Anonymous said...

On Sunday I did a spectacular fall when leaving my house. I was trying to lock the door and must have missed the step down. One bruised knee and hip later after crashing on the cement floor, almost pulling Jan's bike down on me and hitting the car. All I could hear was Jan laughing hysterically and my "F" words.