Sal's

Running, Biking, Swimming, Triathlons, Snowshoeing: what's next? Sal's kicks butt.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

September Goals

I began the month with three goals; run at least 2 miles everyday, and do push-ups and front planks everyday. I made two of the goals, push-ups and planks. The highest number of push-ups I could do without stopping was 41 (this morning, 9/30). My longest time holding a front plank was 1 minute 20 seconds (last week).
There were times I forgot about the plank and push-up goals until just before bedtime, but usually I tried to get them out of the way when getting ready for work in the morning. I also discovered that if I waited until after running, the push-ups, in particular, were much more difficult to do. Of course doing push-ups the day after a weight lifting session was also hard.

Now that the push-ups and planks have become a habit I hope to continue my streak through October and be able to do 50 push-ups without a break. My running goals won't change too much, but I won't aim to run everyday. The new goal will be six days a week and now that the weather is cooler extend my average daily run to 5+ miles with a 6+ miler during the week and 8-10 miles on non-race weekends.

I would like to know your goals for the month, so please comment.

No comments: