Sal's

Running, Biking, Swimming, Triathlons, Snowshoeing: what's next? Sal's kicks butt.

Friday, September 11, 2015

And So It Ends :(

Only a few short days ago I made three goals for the month of September;

1. Run everyday with two miles being the least I could go and still have it count.
2. Do pushups everyday, gradually seeing if I could build to 50 without stopping.
3. Hold a front plank everyday, with 30 seconds being the minimum and building to a goal of two minutes.

Yesterday my run everyday goal was broken. I had a really good workout on Wednesday, running only 4.2 miles but I negative split the miles with the last one at 7:46. It was 74 degrees and a dew point around 64 so I felt good about the run. I had also lifted weights for 45 minutes before work in the morning which made for a nice double workout day.

Thursday I woke up tired. Really tired, I needed a lot more sleep. I felt sleepy and sore all day. When I came home I told Jan I wasn't going to run. Then I began feeling guilty, how could I let my goal slip away after only nine days? I went upstairs and changed into my running clothes. Slowly I put on my shoes and hat. Then I came back inside, said I couldn't do it, and went out again. It was a nice day, the heat wave had broken and the humidity was much lower. Surely I could run, even really slowly, for two miles?

It wasn't to be. I mentally caved in after less than 200 yards. I didn't exercise at all yesterday, which broke another streak of 26 days of working out at least once a day.

I hope those of you who accepted the September challenges are still going strong. Meanwhile I will try and start a new running streak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

master of your domain? I think not.