Sal's

Running, Biking, Swimming, Triathlons, Snowshoeing: what's next? Sal's kicks butt.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Weekend Race Results



It was an exciting weekend of racing for some of the Sal’s Racing Team. The races began on Friday night with Jan and I doing the McMullenMile. My prediction was a 6:48 and I ended up at 6:54. At least I was under 7:00, which was important to me. I also picked up 5 or 6 Runner of the Year points, my first points of the season, so I’m going in the right direction. Jan beat my prediction for her of an 8:32 and ran an 8:23, good enough for 2nd place in her age group and 9 RROY points. I think the lightning storm that moved in during her last two laps spurred her on. I was surprised they kept racing and personally did not feel very comfortable standing next to the all-metal bleachers waiting for the race to end. The meet got postponed until Saturday morning after Jan’s race. 

Saturday morning Pete “The Ageless Wonder” won his age group at the Lifetime Assistance 5k. Across town Eileen won her age group at the Fast & Furriest 10k

Sunday morning Joanne and Lou ran the Niagara Falls Women’sHalf Marathon (in Canada no less). Lou ran the mostly all-women’s race because he was promised his own port-a-potty. Well, maybe not. Maybe he’s a nice husband who wanted to support his wife and help her finish a 13.1 mile race? You decide. 


No comments: