Sal's

Running, Biking, Swimming, Triathlons, Snowshoeing: what's next? Sal's kicks butt.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Big News! (actually more like little news)

The news is in regard to how much I currently weigh. Today's official weigh-in, 179.4lbs! I haven't seen the 170's on my scale since November 2014. That is a 10lb weight loss since January 10th. The pounds aren't exactly flying off my body, but at least the scale is generally going in the right direction.
My short-term goal is four more pounds off by March 14, the day of the first "spring" race, Johnny's Running of the Green in downtown Rochester.

What is the secret to my current weight loss you ask?
1 - Running on the treadmill at Monroe Community College where it is about 70 degrees and I sweat like summer time.
2 - Only moderate alcohol intake over a week, saving many empty calories and bloating.
3 - No desserts, except for a night once or twice a week where I eat 2-3 cookies.
4 - More salads for lunch and sometimes dinner.
5 - Lifting weights consistently and for longer time.
6-  Continuing my February running streak of 1-8 miles everyday.
7 - Convincing myself I really don't need a doughnut or cookie or cake someone brought in to work and put in the break room for sharing. (the cake was chocolate, 5 inches high, lots of frosting and looked delicious - it was hard to walk out of the room without a piece).
8 - More protein in my diet, a bit less on carbs.
9 - Liking being able to move up to another belt buckle hole instead of stretching the belt to fit at all.
10 - Jan providing motivation by bouncing her hand off my previous Buddha Belly and saying she has never seen me so fat.

No comments: