Sal's

Running, Biking, Swimming, Triathlons, Snowshoeing: what's next? Sal's kicks butt.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Work is Calling

It's thirteen days after surgery and I am back at work. Fortunately, I guess, being a librarian in today's high technology world doesn't require much, if any, physical stress. Being able to drive to work safely and use a keyboard are my only real requirements.
There are a few things I've noticed this morning about working (remember I'm an old man, 58, so my perspective has changed over the years).

1. Three hours into the day (around 11am) I looked up at the clock. It felt like I had been here for five straight days.
2. At 8:30am I realized the lunch I made last night to bring to work was still sitting in the fridge at home.
3. I miss my mid-morning laying on the couch having a second cup of coffee time.
4. Commuting is still not fun.
5. How many darn meetings can librarians schedule in two weeks? This profession has more meetings than any I can imagine.
6. I'm sooo Fat, my work pants hardly fit anymore. Something about not running, swimming, biking or lifting weights with my upper body I think.
7. It is nice eating anything I want without concern of how my body might react the next day when running and wondering what route I should take that has bathrooms and/or port-a-johns close at hand.
8. I miss my mid-afternoon laying on couch time and the third cup of coffee, maybe dozing off for a few minutes. My boss seems to frown on snoring sounds coming from my office.
9. I like my fellow employees but would not have missed them a ton if I never came back.
10. I get a lot of junk emails in my work account. Many emails I consider junk concern meetings I'm supposed to attend. Ugh.

No comments: