Sal's

Running, Biking, Swimming, Triathlons, Snowshoeing: what's next? Sal's kicks butt.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Why Should I Race This Weekend?



Recently there has been a lot of pressure put on me to run a 5k or 10k this weekend at the Pound the Ground for Vets race. Mr. Katz is a volunteer for the Veterans Outreach Center and former member of the Navy in the days when ships still had cannons, a crow's nest and sails.
After much arm-twisting last night Mr. Katz almost had me convinced to race. After waking this morning though I realized I really had no desire to race this Saturday. Mike W created the 10 reasons why I'm not racing.

1. Hates riding with Lou and Mike W. Can’t contribute to any Yankees talk. (true, I am no match for these two lifetime fans who have encyclopedic knowledge of useless Yankee statistics).
2. Is selling his piano at Joanne’s garage sale and is afraid if he is not there she will sell it for a quarter.
3. Hates driving to Mendon via Geneseo. (apparently Lou and Mike never heard of a map).
4. 10K is too long for Mike McTrisprinster.
5. Has to put mud flaps (with lady silhouette) on his monster truck.
6. Has to a new pine tree scent in Jan’s Malibu.
7. Has to do a anaerobic workout. He is up to 2 pushups.
8. Mendon has a hill. (it has several).
9. Mendon’s bathrooms are too “naturey”.
10. Top reason….Jan said no.


No comments: