Sal's

Running, Biking, Swimming, Triathlons, Snowshoeing: what's next? Sal's kicks butt.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Ironman Lake Placid 2014

Notes from the IM official site;
"Adverse weather affects the age group race
Thunder and lightning in the area forced race officials to cancel the second loop of the swim for the age group athletes. The official age group results will include one loop of the swim, the bike, T2, and the run. T1 will not be included."

I feel sorry for the competitors mostly, but it also sounds like a dreadful morning for spectators, volunteers and race organizers. Jan and I went to watch the race in 2008 and it rained quite a bit, though not horribly hard during the bike that year. In 2009 when Jan completed the race it rained some during the swim then cleared up. But neither year had the lightning this year brought. Yuck.

I also found this photo, which is quite disturbing on many levels;

Okay ladies, stop staring at the speedo man with the buttoned up white cover over his privates.

1. As MW wrote to me, who dresses like this in the morning and decides at the last minute that he must have a visor?
2. And why is the visor backwards? 
3. With any luck the State Trooper ran him over.
4. Speedo Man is obviously quite comfortable in his own skin (since that's mostly all he's wearing).while running and cheering, but what happens when he's done? He just calmly walks back to the car like he's strolling to the grocery store?
5. Where are his car keys?
6. What, do we live in France now and are watching the Tour de France with the loonies they have spectating?
7. I think he's wearing socks. Again, it begs the question why? His feet get cold?
8. Speedo guy has a really large....watch on his left hand. So, I'm going out for a run in my speedo, 90% naked, and I need to get the exact time and distance I ran?
9. I don't think there is a gel pocket in those shorts.
10. Okay, where is the Smart phone hidden?

No comments: